Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Waiting

Being pregnant is all about waiting. First I waited for my period to come. Then I waited for my doctor appointment. We waited to tell family and now we're waiting to tell everyone else. I'm waiting for morning sickness to stop. Waiting for my boobs to get bigger (let's be honest here). Waiting to start showing. Waiting to feel it move. Waiting for the baby to actually get here. This whole thing is a whole lot of waiting. Maybe I'll learn some patience.

1 comment:

  1. the worst part about all the waiting, too, is that (other than the boobs, which hopefully you'll get soon) you spend about half or more of the actual 40 weeks not having a lot of those things. it's so deceiving, i feel. when tv or whatever talks about 'pregnancy', they show a lady with a big old belly, talking about the baby moving. i felt my baby moved at 21 weeks, and it was still about 2 more weeks after that when i looked convincingly pregnant in clothes. (i noticed a belly long before that--and you will, too, because you're tiny--but to have enough that strangers think you're pregnant, that's a long way away!) not fair, right?

    ReplyDelete